The coronavirus has turned all our lives upside down and inside out. We all have had to adjust to this new reality, including local churches. We are doing our best to create opportunities to stay close to God and to one another during this pandemic. Our faith compels us to remain reach out to one another for mutual support and caregiving during this pandemic. We prefer the expression “physical distancing” rather than “social distancing.” Here are some ways to stay encouraged and engaged during this pandemic.
- We meet every Sunday at 11 am via Zoom for live worship which includes live and recorded music, scripture reading and a compelling message for living in these days, and opportunity to share prayer concerns. Call the office at 781-245-1784 for an invitation to a worship service. All services are posted on Facebook at First Baptist Church of Wakefield.
- Two thoughtful and hopeful messages are posted on our Facebook page each week and our answering machine has a weekly inspirational message (call 781-245-1784).
- Wednesday evenings at 7 pm join us for a short devotional and prayer meeting via Zoom. Call the office at 781-245-1784 for an invitation to a Zoom meeting.
- We are collecting cell phone chargers to deliver to hospitals as many patients leave them home not knowing they might be quarantined. So, if you have a spare phone charger of any make, model or age, or a USB cord, let us know and we will arrange to pick them up.
- We are asking people to knit or crochet attachments for personal protective equipment for healthcare workers to make them more comfortable. We will also collect any masks that people are making and deliver them to hospitals. For more information or to help with any of these projects, leave a message at the church and someone will get back to you.
- There is also what is known as a “Salenda” Box at 8 Lafayette St. where the church used to sit. You put a prayer request in the box and take or leave a book.
- The Wakefield Food Pantry needs cash donations to purchase food. They are also collecting curbside donations. To make a donation or find out what foods are most needed, go to: https://wakefieldfoodpantry.org/
We are in this together and if we can do anything to help lighten the load and bring God’s peace and comfort to you and your family during this time, let us know and join us for any of these opportunities.